NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR RESEARCH IN EDUCATION (NCRE)
National Council for Research in Education (NCRE), India was legally established under the guidance of eminent, professional educationists and social workers for the development of education in wide areas. Government of Uttarakhand, Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (Government of India), and Quality Council of India registered the Council for development and propagation of distance education on the pattern of Open continuing and Distance Education System on 1 August 2018,and registration No. IN-UK77233461584461Q, UK05D0003680, and CORP/NGO/6075/2018-19. NCRE.
The Council, under Government of India, has legal right of teaching and training under the provision of constitution and is a Legal Autonomous and nonprofit Institution.
The various Authorities and Departments of the Government of India/State Governments and Union Territories receive the copies of prospectus, Bylaws, etc. from the Council from time to time. The area of operation of the Council is wide and extensive all over India. Information centers of examination are situated in the major cities of India where semester/annual examinations are normally organized every year in October–November/March–April. The Council is planning to open study examination centers for nonresident Indians and foreigners in various parts of the world.
This is just one of the many reasons given below, why we are consistently ranked no.1
- To provide Secondary Education, Higher Secondary Education, Management and Technical Diploma Courses to those belonging to disadvantaged groups (e.g. the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Socially and Educationally disadvantaged classes and other socially, culturally, economically, geographically weaker sections of the society, or such other factors as may be specified / notified appropriately by the Government) and people belonging to weaker sections who are not able to get education in the normal course of life.
- To provide the best possible teaching and learning environment to the students, so that they can serve the Society effectively with dignity
- To provide individualized study with flexibility in terms of place and duration.
- To identify educational needs of the children/persons of the State who are otherwise not catered to by the formal system of school education and to open study/academic centres.
- To provide opportunities in School Education and Skill Development through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
- To identify and promote approved standards of learning in Open and Distance Learning system.
- To design and develop courses, self-instructional materials (SIM) and other learning support for the courses identified at different points of time.
- To organize orientation and training programmes for the functionaries of the open schooling system in the country, to evolve strategies for curriculum development, instructional procedures etc.;
- To undertake and coordinate educational and research programmes with the suggestions of the State government(s) concerned
- To establish contacts with international agencies in the field of education, especially school education, for keeping acquainted with the latest trends in curriculum development, material production, media use for dissemination etc.
- To establish links with other examining bodies with special focus on Asian countries.
- To collaborate with other agencies within and outside the state for developing and delivering skill oriented courses of study
- To promote and publicize open schooling programmes and distance education activities in the country.
- To maintain standards and equivalence with formal education system, while ensuring flexible characteristics of Open and Distance Learning System.
- To serve as an agency for effective dissemination of information related to open learning and distance education
- To establish linkages with contemporary education systems like State Boards, Sanskrit Boards, Madrasa Boards and state open boards with mainstream education system with mobility across them and equivalence between them; To expand access to school education at all levels and to increase retention rates at all levels of schooling.
- To encourage, promote and conduct a system of Open School Education and Distance education relevant to the students/learners, to organize training programmes at national and international level on `open school system;
- To promote interaction and co-ordination among open schools and distance education institutions.
- To make study of various subjects more purposeful and to effect a fusion between traditional and modern system of education.
- To institute career oriented courses related to education through distance learning/ correspondence courses; to develop courses of education in various subjects.
- To prepare `database on open schooling and to conduct online and offline examination of Secondary , Higher Secondary level Exams and Diploma in Management and Technical Courses all over the country
- To announce the results of concerned examination and release certificates to passed candidates from time to time
- To organize educational and vocational training programmes with special concern for deprived sections, women/girls and unemployed youth to impart new skills: refine/sharpen/up-grade the existing skills.
- To impart free education and cultural training to the poor, helpless, differently able and needy children/students, to establish and maintain institutions for adult education with the consent of the concerned authorities.